Frequently Asked Questions

How to make a booking

Choose which van you like from our website or why not give us a call,
E-mail/phone to get an instant quote.
To secure your booking we require a £500.00 deposit, balance due 1 month prior to hire.

Who can drive our motorhomes

All our motorhomes can be driven on a normal UK B2 car driving licence.
We can insure drivers between 23-75 years of age.
All drivers must have held a full valid licence for more than 2 years.
Our insurance company will accept up to two sets of speeding fines (i.e. Sp 30) maximum 6 points in total.
For more than two sets of points we will contact our insurance company to see if they will insure you.

Collection and Drop off times

Standard collection times are from 3pm and returns before 11 am,
For early collection/late return a fee will apply,
Please allow about an hour for paperwork and hand-over of the motorhome.

What paperwork do I need to collect the motorhome

All drivers need to be present on collection of the motorhome,
Full valid driving licence with photo ID (must match proof of address),
Driving licence summary and code from the DVLA website,
At least two forms of proof of address, these include.

  • A utility bill
  • Council tax bill
  • Bank/credit card statement
  • Mortgage statement

How economical are the motorhomes?

All our vans are very new and as such have economical engines however this is really subject to how you drive and if your journey will be mostly motorways, as a guide expect anywhere between 30 and 40 miles per gallon.

Is there a minimum hire period?

A minimum hire period of 4 nights apply except July and August where it is a 7 night minimum. Festivals such as Glastonbury will be subject to a 7 night minimum hire.

What is the security deposit?

As with all motorhome hire companies, there is a refundable security deposit of £950.00 payable on or before collection of the motorhome on a credit / debit card or bank transfer.

Can we reduce the security deposit/insurance excess?

Yes, the security deposit/insurance excess can be reduced (but not entirely removed) by selecting to pay Damage Limitation Waiver (DLW).

The cost for DLW is:

Up to 7 nights = £75
7 nights and over = £75 + £15 per night, up to a maximum of £285
By selecting to pay for DLW the insurance excess will be reduced as follows:

From £950.00 to £500.00.

Is there any excess on the vehicle insurance?

There is an insurance excess of £950.00 on the policy, however this is not payable in the event of any accident as this will be taken from the security deposit detailed above.

What happens if the motorhome breaks down?

In the unlikely event you experience a breakdown, all motorhomes have a 24 hour, 7 day breakdown/recovery throughout the UK and Europe.

What are the speed limits that apply to motorhomes?

As all of our fleet have an unladen weight of up to 3050kg, they are therefore subject to the same speed limits as cars. For guidelines please visit For speed limits in Europe please refer to the country-specific speed laws.

Can I take the motorhome abroad?

Yes, however there is an extra charge to cover the added insurance and breakdown cover.

The extra charge is:
Up to 7 nights = £100
7 nights and over = £100 + £15 per night, up to a maximum of £375.
The extra charge includes:

Added Breakdown Cover
Added Insurance
European Travel Kit

Can I take the motorhome on a ferry or the Eurotunnel?

Yes, your motorhome can be taken on a ferry or Eurotunnel, you will need a registration number and length of vehicle at the time of booking.

Can I take my pet?

Yes, with prior agreement on selected motorhomes however there will be a charge of £75.00. We also ask that they are not to be left in the vehicle unattended or allowed on the soft furnishings.

Do you offer a delivery service?

We can arrange delivery of your motorhome, price subject to location. Please ask for details.

Can I leave my car at your depot?

Yes, 1 car for free. Extra cars charged at £10 per week

What does the motorhome come with?

The motorhome comes fully equipped for your trip. This includes cutlery, utensils, crockery and pans. Outside table and chairs as well as a bike rack. (Not on van conversion models)

Is there air conditioning?

There is air conditioning in the cab which when driving will filter through to the habitation area.

Are there electric sockets in the motorhome?

There are three 230v electric sockets throughout the motorhome, however you will need to be connected to an electric hook-up point.

How does the fridge work?

There is a 3 way fridge, this means that it will operate via the engine battery whilst driving, the electric hook-up when on-site or if there is no electricity available, via the refillable LPG/gas bottle.

Is there heating and hot water?

Yes, for the larger motorhomes the motorhome has a boiler that provides heating and hot water. As it is a combi boiler, it will work off electricity or gas.

Is bedding included?

We provide a mattress protector, you will need to bring your own sheets, duvet pillows or sleeping bag. We can provide the above for a fee. Please ask for details.

Are the motorhomes easy to drive for a fun, stress free getaway?

Our motor homes are surprisingly easy to drive, and are not that much larger than a 4×4 guaranteeing you a fun and stress free trip.